January 22, 2016

A date with the beast. My Land Rover Experience at Aamby Valley



Land Rover is known worldwide for it's brilliant cars and recently Jaguar Land Rover India and Blogadda gave me the opportunity to experience the 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport by off-roading at Aamby Valley.

The Land Rover Experience is an annual event that is organised by Jaguar Land Rover so that people get to test the cars in a challenging and tough environment. Before I share my experiences from the Land Rover Experience at Aamby Valley, take a look at the video compilation by Land Rover of the various Land Rover Experience events from across the world.




The video must've give you a rough idea about what I experienced at the Land Rover event. The venue for the drive was 19 degrees at Aamby Valley which is an adventure park. Once we reached there, we were greeted by the pleasant sight of a fleet of Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque. That combined with the picturesque mountains in the background left me awestruck.






Once we reached there, we were informed that we were going to test the 2016 version of the cars and just that just added to our excitement.

We were given a quick briefing about the cars and it's features and what we were going to expect when we took the cars for the drive. Once that was done, we were assigned our cars and I got the 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport. We were also alloted an instructor who would guide us throughout the off-road track.




We were told that we would be testing the Hill Descent Control feature of the Discovery Sport which was developed by Land Rover. In the HDC mode, the driver does not have to touch the brake pedal while going down the slope, as the car takes care of it. I have to admit it, I was scared initially when I took my foot off the brake pedal as the slope was steep, along with big rocks.





However it just took few seconds for me to realise how easily the car handled the slope without me having to do anything and that was the first of the many moments during the drive that blew off my mind!

The Terrain Response System made sure that the car could handle whatever was thrown at it, be it big rocks or sideways inclined stretches on the track or both of them together. There was a point at which I was driving at an almost sideways 40 degrees inclined angle, in addition to the rocks and we easily covered that stretch. The Discovery Sport made the tough track look so simple and I was scared and impressed at the same time.






We even went through a small patch of a river and it was exciting. The things that this car could do amazed me and I wished that I could keep on driving the car for hours.

This car is a beast and there is no doubt in my mind when I use these words to describe the Land Rover Discovery Sport. Infact we can call it the "Beauty and the Beast" for it's stunning looks and raw power that it hides under the hood.

 

The Land Rover Experience was something out of the world and I thank Jaguar Land Rover India and Blogadda for letting me test the Land Rover Discovery Sport on an off-road track.